As believers, it is vital that we understand what the Lord says about tithing. The purpose of tithing is to put God first in our lives. He doesn’t need our money, instead, he wants what our money represents: our priorities, passions, purposes.
At CBC we believe financial giving is an act of worship, a demonstration of obedience, and an expression of gratefulness for God’s generosity to us. Indeed, we are not giving God a percentage of our wealth, for God owns it all, and we are merely stewards of it. We are honoring God by returning a portion to Him of what is already His. It is an act of faith to financially support the church with expectations of how God will use our gifts to build His Kingdom.
How to Give:
- Online giving allows your weekly or monthly contributions to be transferred electronically from your checking/savings account via your debit card or from your credit card account.
- Automatic draft from your checking account on a recurring basis.
- Sunday mornings in our Worship Service or Sunday School.
(There are also tithing boxes located at each main exit)
- Via Mail to: Central Baptist Church | 9001 N 145 E Ave | Owasso, OK 74055
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS:
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
1. Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
2. With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
At CBC, we use an online system called ACS that allows you to donate via credit/debit card, track your own giving, and a whole lot more. Plus, it keeps all your information safe, secure, and private.
Click this link for easy instructions on how to use e-Giving: Giving Brochure